The EOG Octagon: RAILBIRD v RAININTHREES (Round 2)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
UPDATED RECORDS:

RAILBIRD 8-4

RAININTHREES 9-8 (Four plays outstanding - 12/22, 12/23, 12/27 and 12/28)

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
rail still dodging the guy that he never beat.

i'm willing to go 20 games rail................its called a compromise

how do u sleep knowing i have your money
and i own you.

this is the contest everyone wants to see

i mean you losing............and not chirping
is worth more then money

i got my $1,000 or we could do $2,000 or

WHERES YOUR BALLS

railbird

EOG Master
rail still dodging the guy that he never beat.

i'm willing to go 20 games rail................its called a compromise

how do u sleep knowing i have your money
and i own you.

this is the contest everyone wants to see

i mean you losing............and not chirping
is worth more then money

i got my $1,000 or we could do $2,000 or

WHERES YOUR BALLS
Its not your money, all things belong to God

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thirty plays in 30 days is the right format.

Besides, it has a nice ring to it.

Fun to say and easy to remember.

January (if available) is yours, if you want it, FACTS.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
We need John Murray from the Westgate to come on and document that Cal Baptist is actually on their board.

Actually it hit
Thirty plays in 30 days is the right format.

Besides, it has a nice ring to it.

Fun to say and easy to remember.

January (if available) is yours, if you want it, FACTS.

If Railbird accepts.... we will see a highly focused Railbird likes we have never seen. ....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
UPDATED RECORDS:

RAILBIRD 9-4

RAININTHREES 9-8 (Four plays outstanding - 12/22, 12/23, 12/27 and 12/28)

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
Kelly..............i'm in for January vs rail

what is the amount and the add ons

LETS GET THIS DONE...................so i can shut this fuck up
one more time.

side note.............when i win who will be paying me rail or GOD

need to know for book keeping purposes

and does god use paypal ?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The EOG Octagon is a head-to-head handicapping showdown featuring a winner-take-all purse of 2,500 bananas.

Each contestant provides 1,000 bananas to the prize pot with EOG supplying the added money.

The format is simple: Thirty plays over a 30-day period featuring NFL, NCAAF, NBA and NCAAB plays.

All plays at -110 or less and the handicapper with the higher winning percentage will be declared the winner.

Tiebreaker: Better record over the last 5 plays, last 10 plays, last 15 plays and so on.

Contestants will post selections using pointspreads from the following establishments: CRIS, Pinnacle, BetDSI, Westgate and William Hill.

Once a contestant posts a selection, neither the contestant nor the opponent can submit a play on or against said selection.

At month's end, the winner stays on the court for the following month and the loser goes home, except for our initial showdown which will feature a Best-of-3 format.

I'll try to recruit EJD_5277, HEIM, KANE, NUT6, SVBETTOR, TOBY TYLER, VIEJO DINOSAUR, YISMAN, ZZYZX ROAD and others for this space in 2019.

I'd love to do this......but there is a LESS THAN 0% chance I'll do it under these rules. Which SUCK

The format may be simple. BUT IT SUCKS

The way they keep score in Vegas is: Units Won

Not Win %

What this contest does is discourage players from taking underdogs. Why play something at +130 when if I win it, it only counts as +100. Do they do that at every other book out there? NO!

My record in the BB Thread is over 150 games UNDER .500. As far as units I am -3 units. Which one is more important?

The way this SHOULD be run is:

Pick ANY sport with ANY line. You wanna pick a -2000 Fave. Go ahead. You wanna pick a +2500 dog. You wanna play the Dog races or Premier League games or Jai Alai - Go ahead

At the end of the month whoever WON the most units or LOST the least is the winner. Not the one who went 20-10 while the other one went 18-12 but as far as Units won the 18-12 person won more. Really?

Run this however you want but the rules are a disgrace and run counter to every single way we keep score.

THE FACTSMAN

EOG Addicted
any shot we can get tennis Aussie open starts in January.

there should be plenty of -110 wagers railbird would win easily

rail.............what do u think................tennis anyone ?

brokerstip

EOG Addicted
this one hasn't even finished yet facts, let the 2 battle it out the last couple weeks. hopefully we see rain make a move

svbettor

EOG Veteran
I want to see both competitiors do their best and the best capper win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I'd love to do this......but there is a LESS THAN 0% chance I'll do it under these rules. Which SUCK

The format may be simple. BUT IT SUCKS

The way they keep score in Vegas is: Units Won

Not Win %

What this contest does is discourage players from taking underdogs. Why play something at +130 when if I win it, it only counts as +100. Do they do that at every other book out there? NO!

My record in the BB Thread is over 150 games UNDER .500. As far as units I am -3 units. Which one is more important?

The way this SHOULD be run is:

Pick ANY sport with ANY line. You wanna pick a -2000 Fave. Go ahead. You wanna pick a +2500 dog. You wanna play the Dog races or Premier League games or Jai Alai - Go ahead

At the end of the month whoever WON the most units or LOST the least is the winner. Not the one who went 20-10 while the other one went 18-12 but as far as Units won the 18-12 person won more. Really?

Run this however you want but the rules are a disgrace and run counter to every single way we keep score.

If you were losing going down the stretch in a contest, all you would pick would be dogs....not a good way to go head to head...

So...............what's wrong with that?

It becomes a luckbox contest and has nothing to do with handicapping at the end.

The person losing could get lucky and hit some big dog and then win. If you cap it at like +200 then that element is taken out of the contest.

I don't understand why you don't like college basketball. From your reffing talk it sounds like you are close to the game and understand a little (although some of your reffing views are a bit out of touch imo lol).
Maybe you don't love the game anymore (jaded?) which I understand. It seems like a lot of old school college basketball fans don't really love the game like they used to (which is natural)

railbird

EOG Master
It becomes a luckbox contest and has nothing to do with handicapping at the end.

The person losing could get lucky and hit some big dog and then win. If you cap it at like +200 then that element is taken out of the contest.

I don't understand why you don't like college basketball. From your reffing talk it sounds like you are close to the game and understand a little (although some of your reffing views are a bit out of touch imo lol).
Maybe you don't love the game anymore (jaded?) which I understand. It seems like a lot of old school college basketball fans don't really love the game like they used to (which is natural)

I can't stand it.

Last edited by a moderator:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I love to waqtch the game. I suck at betting it. And when at a agme I do pay attention to the officials and see if they were int he wrong spot for a call or something like that. Many years ago I went to a Fullerton @ Northidge game. Fullerton kid had a breakaway layup. I was at the end Titans were going and saw the entire play. Northridg kid goes up for the block from behind and just plowed thru our guy. One of the easiest ever (at that time) Intentional Foul calls in basketball history. Yet the pathetic Big Worst Ref (I know that is redundant) only called a normal foul. Unfortunately for him I knew his name and his assigner. I let him have it saying he has to call an Intetional Foul on a play like that. I asked him if he had "pictures" of the assigner - mentioning the assigner's name. I yelled it loud enough to be heard by all, rathr , both people there. When he reported the foul I was near the table and he shot me a look. I saw him do it and let him have it even more. We won by about 7-ish so no biggie but when I officiate, if you have a breakaway path to the basket and he get hammered from behing a big "X" goes up above my head for an Intentional Foul.....2 shots and ball OOB at point of the foul

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I might consider January but I will be traveling the first week.

It will be great to have Valuist involved.

As for Winky's criticism of the current format, I respectfully disagree.

You want a simple format with selections and results that are easy to follow.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I love to waqtch the game. I suck at betting it. And when at a agme I do pay attention to the officials and see if they were int he wrong spot for a call or something like that. Many years ago I went to a Fullerton @ Northidge game. Fullerton kid had a breakaway layup. I was at the end Titans were going and saw the entire play. Northridg kid goes up for the block from behind and just plowed thru our guy. One of the easiest ever (at that time) Intentional Foul calls in basketball history. Yet the pathetic Big Worst Ref (I know that is redundant) only called a normal foul. Unfortunately for him I knew his name and his assigner. I let him have it saying he has to call an Intetional Foul on a play like that. I asked him if he had "pictures" of the assigner - mentioning the assigner's name. I yelled it loud enough to be heard by all, rathr , both people there. When he reported the foul I was near the table and he shot me a look. I saw him do it and let him have it even more. We won by about 7-ish so no biggie but when I officiate, if you have a breakaway path to the basket and he get hammered from behing a big "X" goes up above my head for an Intentional Foul.....2 shots and ball OOB at point of the foul

Good story, Wink.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Kelly..............i'm in for January vs rail

what is the amount and the add ons

LETS GET THIS DONE...................so i can shut this fuck up
one more time.

side note.............when i win who will be paying me rail or GOD

need to know for book keeping purposes

and does god use paypal ?

Got it, Joe.

Always great to have FACTS on stage.

One of sports betting's great characters.