Stooches MAAC Selections

Stooches

EOG Senior Member
Have not posted since last season. Have come in here the last couple of seasons and posted selections from the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference (MAAC)

Season swings into full gear tomorrow, so thought I would offer some selections.

Rider -5.5 over Marist.

Khalid Hart has been out for Marist as has T.J Curry. Chavaughn Lewis was out for a significant portion, however returned earlier this week. This depleted backcourt will have trouble staying with a deep set of guards from Rider who offer both size, experience and shooting. The Red Foxes have had trouble staying within double digits of most of their opponents this season. The Red Foxes are on the upswing, however the team is young and missing some star power. Rider will focus on Lewis and force someone else to beat them. Unfortunately for Marist, I don't think there is someone who can step up. Matty Lopez has started to perform as expected over the last couple of weeks and provides an asset that most of the guard heavy teams in the MAAC do not possess, size with the ability to score and rebound.

Rider -5.5 $175

Stooches

Stooches

EOG Senior Member
Re: Stooches MAAC Selections

Good start to the season with a little luck. Right before tip-off it was announced Lopez wouldn't be playing against Marist due to flu. Still the subs filled in admirably and cashed first bet of the Conference season. One more for tomorrow, another road favorite.

Iona -5 over Siena
I think this number is a little short. Although Siena got Long back on Friday and gutted out a win against Fairfield, it was more of Fairfield losing rather than Siena winning. Iona took care of this team last season relatively both times they played. Siena defense has been suspect and I don't think they have the defensive discipline to guard this team one-on-one, and their zone defense won't work so much against a team with several good shooters on the team. A chance to see the best in the conference in AJ English it will be a treat to watch him head-to-head with Marquis Wright who has been Siena's most consistent player this season. In the end I think Iona outlasts a Siena. Should be able to cover the 5.

Iona -5 $100

artc44

EOG Member

Been waiting for you all year,good luck.<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Thanks artc44. Solid start to the season thus far. For those wondering about the wager amounts, I have never really been good at weighting plays as I don't really work with a unit system. The dollar amounts are based on the strength of the position, based on a 5,000 bankroll. Largest bet would be $500 - which I may make once every two years. Anyway here is today's play which I think offers a slight edge.

Manhattan -3 over St. Peter's
Not liking that I am on favorites to start the year, however I think that the bookmakers are giving a lot of credit to some road teams. The Peacocks of Saint Peter's have their act together and are playing well after an 0-2 start in conference, however it should be noted that their two wins Marist and Quinnipiac, both teams that have struggled out of the gate. The Jaspers are nowhere near as good as they were last season, however at home I think they match up well with St. Peter's. Ashton Pankney should be able to control Marvin Dominique on the glass, and Tyler Wilson will be tasked with keeping Desi Washington in check. I think it a good matchup on both ends.

Manhattan -3 $75

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Manhattan had a comfortable lead for most of the game, however needed some late free throws to secure the victory. Nonetheless, a victory is a victory. Two games in the MAAC tonight, and I have a play on both.

Niagara +8.5 over Siena
Finally the first dog of the year. This line has come out too high in favor of the home Saints in my opinion. Siena has struggled to put teams away over the last couple of weeks with significant frontcourt players suffering injuries. Added to that a team leader and defensive stopper Patrick Cole has been dismissed from the team leaving the Saints with 8 players. I have no doubt Siena is the better team and may come out on the winning side, I just think for them to push a double digit victory may be a stretch. Definitely the Saints will come out aggressive in this game, as their Coach expressed frustration following their blowout loss to the Iona Gaels earlier in the week, however if Niagara can sustain the onslaught in the early part of the first half, I think they have the skill to stay within the number. The Purple Eagles were expected to struggle this season without Anthony Mason Jr. (transferred to Auburn), however I have been impressed by the grit of this team. Although 3-9 on the season, they have put together a tough non-conference schedule, and have already won two games in conference, only one less than last season. They have not fared too well on the road this seaosn, still I think there is value on the dog.

Niagara +8.5 $200

Canisius -7.5 over Marist
Rider only got 5.5 points at Marist last weekend, however we were able to capitalize on that short number here. Marist has shown an inability to hang with opponents for a full 60 minutes. I was impressed by their making a game of it with St. Peter's earlier in the week after going down big, however I think that may be a symptom of the Peacocks taking their foot off the gas. Jim Baron has the Golden Griffins playing good defense, and I think their ability to her Zach Lewis in scoring positions will help on the road here. Canisius finds themselves in an almost must win scenario after dropping two straight, if they want to stay in the hunt for good position come the tourney. I think you see an inspired effort from the road team here and the wheels may be ready to fall off (if they have not already) at Marist.

Canisius -7.5 $100

Season to date: 3-0 +$315

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Not much time for analysis today. We missed out on the perfect streak continuing as Niagara came out flat.

Two plays today:
Canisius +11 over Iona $150

Manhattan -9 over Niagara $200

Good luck

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

A win an push yesterday. Again not much time for descriptive analysis, however I will say that the underdog in this game outplayed the favorite last time but lost in the final minutes. The spread is slightly too high in favor of the favorite here so it will be a dog selection.

Fairfield +7 over Siena $175

Season to date: 5-1-1 +$340

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Sorry late to post today.

St. Peter's +3 $150
St. Peter's/Monmouth over 115.5 $200

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

2-0 last night. Needed the overtime but it was the right result as the two teams combined for only 5 points in the first 10 minutes

Rider +4 over Quinnipiac $150

Going with the better defensive team and one that plays well on the road. Have backed the Broncs a lot this year, but think the books are underrating them. Lopez struggled last game with foul trouble, if he stays on the floor, Rider should hang down low. Let's keep the winning streak going.

GL

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Great start to the season as Rider cashed outright last night. If you sprinkled a little on the dog the last two nights you may be pushing up +$1000 for the season already, if not post thus far are 8-1-1 +$790. four games tonight and I have varying opinions on all of them. Hoping that to maintain this good start and not go crashing in it all back in one night. Risking all the profit on the year thus far:

Siena @ Canisius

Canisius are 7.5 point favorites here and I don't see it. Yes Siena has struggled on defense lately, yes they are suffering from injuries and eam suspension, however this team has been challenged by the HC and I expect them to come out strong tonight. They need this win, almost a must win. Canisius has been a surprise early this season, don't think their guards can defend Wright, Hymes, and Poole all mnight I am expecting a high scoring affair.

Siena +7.5 $175
Siena/Canisius OV 140.5 $300

Manhattan @ St. Peter's
This will be a rock fight. Both teams get at you defensively and are much on offense. St. Peter's looking to avenge an earlier loss this season. I expect Manhattan to keep it close.

Manhattan +4 $100
Manhattan/St. Petes UN 123.5 $150

Marist @ Fairfield
Marist get their starting backcourt back tonight. At full strength Marist poses one of the top backcourts in the conference.

Marist +7.5 $25

Iona @ Niagara
Iona is the class of the league, they will look to get out and score a lot on this young Purple Eagles team. Good for Niagara, Iona plays no defense so they will be able to score as well.

Iona/Niagara OV 153.0 $150

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Tough Friday night with a stinker of a performance and an OT in Manhattan/St. Petes that really put a dent in my profit on the year. 3-3 day resulted in a loss of $332.50. Overall on the season still an impressive 11-4-1 but only +$457.50. Canisius put up 83 points and somehow game managed to stay under the total of 140 and St. Petes late comeback forced overtime to blow that under. The fine line between a profit and loss.

Some side plays thus far may have some totals if I see some lines before tip-off:
Faifield +7.5 over Monmouth: the stags have been impressive on the defensive side of the ball this season and I just can't see this game running up to levels where Monmouth wins by close to double digits. First team to 60 probably wins this game. Monmouth also coming off back-to-back OT games. This game should be tight.

Fairfield +7.5 $300

Rider +2.5 over Manhattan -
Rider has the ability to win this conference. Many are hyping Manhattan after early struggles. I think they are getting more than deserved credit as their latest run includes two wins over Canisus, a win over Niagara and two versus St. Peter's who they match-up well with. Rider is a step up. I continue to back this team as I still think they are underrated.

Rider +2.5 $175

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Apologies if its late, hope people can still get it in.

Rider/Iona UN 154.5 $300

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Again work gets in the way. No time to provide commentary. Today's plays

Niagara +11.5 $200
Manhattan/Quinnipiac UN 136 $200
Marist +8.5 $30
Marist/Siena Under 140.5 $100

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Another good day on the hardcourt in the MAAC. A misprint as I was rushing to get my picks in last night, as I got Niagara at +11 not +11.5so that was a push. My record of posted plays will reflect that. Only one game in the MAAC today, and it the two teams that are probably most under the radar.

Canisus +1.5 over Rider
I have loved backing Rider the whole season, and here they are getting a short number at home. I expect the public to really come in on Rider, however look at what Canisus has pulled off over the last two weeks. They are destroying teams, and outside of two games against Iona, one of which they won, no team has been able to stay within double digits. What is really surprising about this run, is that Jim Baron's team is doing it with defense. This is a young team, who I expect to hit the wall soon. Although not today - I might back this team a couple more weeks and then look to bet against them mid to late february. For tonights game, I think Canisus is the side. As we get closer to game time you might get a better number, as Rider may move to 2 or 2.5.

Canisius +1.5 $300

Record on the season: 17-5-2 +$1345

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Canisius showed up as a dud yesterday. Three plays today, may come out with some totals too if I have time to post after numbers get released.

Siena +1 over St. Peter's $300 - Siena may be coming around and St. Peter's have been a disappointment.
Monmouth +3 over Manhattan $200 - Keep doubting the Hawks, they keep proving me wrong. I think Manhattan is overrated this season.
Fairfield pk'm over Marist $100 - Marist looking for their first win, they have been improving, however Fairfield is a decent road team and the McCann Arena advantage is not as strong this season as in past.

GL

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Tough weekend for sure. Hopefully make it back this week.

Rider +2.5 $150
Rider/St. Peter's UN 118.5 $175

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Manhattan -7.5 $300
Monmouth/Fairfield under 123.5 $300
Siena/Manhattan ov 142 $50
Marist/Niagara ov 128.5 $50
Marist +4.5 75$
Monmouth -3.5 $75

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Made most of last weekend's loses back. A halfcourt buzzer beater by Farifield with no time left resulted in Monmouth missing the cover. One game tonight:

Iona/St. Peter's UN 140.5 $225

Season Record to date: 23-12-2 +$1165.50

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Luckily we came out of the hole we dug ourselves last weekend in a short period of time. An easy under yesterday, despite going into Overtime. A couple of plays to today, may have some totals later as well, as I have not yet seen any numbers on my sites.

Marist +12.5 over Canisus $50 - Marist is a very dangerous team and may be underrated as a result of their disastrous season thus far. Yet their starting five is back and if Khalid Hart gets rolling, this team will be a tough out come conference tourney time. They will be live dogs if they keep getting double digit points.

Niagara +6.5 over Quinnipiac $100 - Quinnipiac is over-rated in my books. This may be a spot for Niagara to sneak one out. Sprinkle on the ML as well.

Super Bowl prediction - for fun - I am taking the Seahawks.

Stooches

24-12-2 +$1368

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Late again today apologies.

Quinnipiac/Monmouth under 130.5 $175

Monmouth +5.5 $300

Fairfield +9.5 $100

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Not much value over the past week.

Back in action tonight:

Iona -2 $250 over 154 $75
Rider +2 $375 under 121.5 $300

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Quinnipiac choked in the last 10 minutes missed by half point. St. Peter's didn't show up.

Marist +8.5 over Monmouth $100

34-16-2 +$2123

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Might play some totals when I see them as well. For the time being

Monmouth +4.5 over St. Peter's $150
Niagara +5 over Fairfield $75
Quinnipiac +3.5 over Rider $250

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Value getting less and less as season comes to an end. My books stopped offering a lot of totals, have to stick with sides.

Manhattan -3 over Siena $250
St. Peter's -4.5 over Fairfield $250

YTD: 38-17-2 +$2345.50

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Tomorrow night

Niagara +10 over Canisius $225 - rivalry game here no way it should be double digits. Crumpton and Valenti not playing or not at a hundred percent and Canisius seed is essentially locked in at the 5. Niagara will be the hungrier team.

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Fairfield +8.5 $200
Manhattan/Iona UN 150.5 $300
Marist +1.5 $150

Took a big position on Manhattan at +8 as well, however that number is long gone so no recommendation

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Last game day of the season and have found a little value. Up well over $2k for the season. Looking forward to the coming weekend for the Conference Tourney, although to be honest have not been able to find a lot of successful spots during the tournament. For Today:

Fairfield +3.5 over Niagara

These two teams played to a two-point game only a week and a bit ago. The Stags closed as 4.5 point favorites at home. Now a week later the Purple Eagles are getting over three? See some value here despite how well Niagara has been playing, after a straight-up win as a double-digit road dog against Canisius. A big win in their rivalry game, may be a little short here. Expect a close game either way.

Fairfield +3.5 $300

St. Peter's +4.5 over Iona

Iona is at full strength however after beating Manhattan on Friday and already clinching the top spot in the conference, expecting a let down. Iona may come out lackluster. Don't know what to say about the Peacocks, I figured they would have the talent to challenge the top spot this year. They finish strong to get some momentum going into tourney play.

St. Peter's +4.5 $100

Siena +9.5 over Monmouth

Siena not getting Poole today most likely, however I think that Monmouth may rest a squad that may be limping a bit into the Tourney. I think Monmouth takes this one, however 9.5 is too many.

Siena +9.5 $150

Best of luck. Let's finish the season with some profit.

Stooches

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Finished off the regular season with a clean sweep. A big year, very successful with over $3k profit.

45-19-2 +$3013

Conference Tourney starts today. Some small wagers (don't want to blow the season):
Marist +7 $125 - look for Marist to make a run. They match up with Quinnipiac well.

Fairfield +4.5 $125 - St. Peter's should win this game - most likely looking for revenge following a blowout a couple of weeks back. Still Fairfield probably stays within the number. 51-50 type of game.

good luck

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Split on the opening round games this week. Four plays on today's 2nd round games:

Siena +8 over Iona $100. Can't trust Siena but this team has traditionally played Iona tough and this will be a home game. Last time Siena hosted Iona the spread was 5. I think 8 is too much.
Siena/Iona under 156.5 $325 - Iona is a more defensive team than people thing. If Siena stays in this, they will slow down the tempo late. Hoping this comes under the total.
Rider +1 over St. Peter's $325 - Rider has traditionally flopped in this tournament. However I think this is an overreaction to no Lopez in the lineup for Rider. I think their guard play is superior to St. Peter's and outside of the last two outings - a woeful Fairfield performance and a win against an Iona team with nothing to play for, the Peacocks have struggled. I think the wrong team is favored.
Canisius +1.5 over Monmouth $75 - both young teams. Monmouth has beaten Canisius twice this year, however for the most part Canisius lead throughout those games. I think Canisius squeaks this out. Monmouth is a year away from being a top contender in this league.

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Rider has now lost in four straight quarterfinals games, mostly all against teams they should have beat. Rider had a miserable first half and came an attempt early in the second to close the gap to three, however never got over the hump. St. Peter's surprised me this weekend, now they get Manhattan. Should be a good game. Iona and Monmouth split the season series this year and both games were decided by a combined 4 points. Lost a little in the tournament thus far. Hoping there is some value tomorrow, however don't anticipate that there will be on the sides. The totals may present some value. Be back tomorrow to post as soon as the lines go up

Record on the season: 48-22-2 +$2983

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Not that much value on the lines for the semis. Playing for fun here.

Parlay St. Peter's +2.5, Monmouth +5.5 $100 pays $364

Stooches

Stooches

EOG Senior Member

Alright three MAAC teams in action tonight. Not much value on Manhattan at -9, may try to capitalize on in game. Other tournaments will be experimenting with new shot clock, so may need some time to observe before I jump on. I think Iona is a little undervalued at +7, however Williams is an unlikely start for them. Look for Rider to come out strong and avenge that pitiful performance against St. Pete s a couple weeks back.

Rider +5.5 $100
Iona +7 and Rider +5.5 parlay $25