NBA Hall New Guys...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Agree with Jimmy.

Vince Carter would make my Hall of Fame, but not Chauncey Billups.

Though I preferred Billups' game over Carter's.

Interesting to note: Both men currently are 47 years old.

Carter scored about 25,000 career points, Billups about 15,000.

In Hall of Fame arguments, no matter the sport, I always like to take a quick look at All-Star game nominations.

Carter with eight, Billups with only five.

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
From 2009 until 2020 when he retired Vince Carter never averaged more than 16 points a game. Don't believe he ever won a NBA titLe either, don't think HOF should be Longevity award

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Agree with Jimmy.

Vince Carter would make my Hall of Fame, but not Chauncey Billups.

Though I preferred Billups' game over Carter's.

Interesting to note: Both men currently are 47 years old.

Carter scored about 25,000 career points, Billups about 15,000.

In Hall of Fame arguments, no matter the sport, I always like to take a quick look at All-Star game nominations.

Carter with eight, Billups with only five.

You would be right, except the title of this thread is VERY misleading.

The building in Springfield, MA is NOT the "NBA HOF" but rather the "BASKETBALL HOF"

That means a player's entire career. That is why inductees are not only NBA players.

That is why some players get in who did not have a great NBA career but had a great BASKETBALL career

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
From 2009 until 2020 when he retired Vince Carter never averaged more than 16 points a game. Don't believe he ever won a NBA titLe either, don't think HOF should be Longevity award

Reggie Miller 18 ppg, 3reb, 3 ass for career. Never was top 10 in MVP voting. Never made 1st or 2nd team all NBA. 5 all star appearances in 18 years. Never won a title. No all defensive teams. Last 7 years of his career, shot over 45% once. Shooting % was worse in playoffs compared to regular season.

Heim

EOG Master
Michael Cooper too 🤔

I was a huge Laker fan but Coop!? Obviously a great defender but if that's the criteria does PJ Tucker get in?

Geez, he never was a starter either.

Last edited: