EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (YISMAN is playing the races)

yisman

EOG Master
Unless there’s a race with a lot of scratches, there won’t be a 1/9 with show betting.
Apparently people think it’s conmonplace but many days of the year haven’t had one.

Los al has heavy favorites but they disable show wagering in such cases.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
aq race 4 with the entry? 4-5 entry and both parts of entry legit. u love those entries. that was a possible spot today. 6 horse field (one was a big long shot) and you would have had 2 of them. came in just now 5-1-1a

yisman

EOG Master
Entries are a risky bet because one of the favorite tricks of shady race tracks is to scratch half the entry at the last minute thus sticking bettors with a bad bet

yisman

EOG Master
I think that 4/5 was the biggest favorite today where show wagering was available, and that was a 2/1 M/L, so the fact that it got bet down that far was surprising (IOW, I was not tracking it and no one mentioned it before the race).

Nothing close to 1/9, so harder than people were saying.

Comes down to Los Alamitos, one of the worst tracks in the country.

yisman

EOG Master
OK, I did not check harness. I am allowed to make harness selections, apparently.

However, big fields, and in my experience, harness horses are riskier. They sometimes go "on a break".

blue, what would you do?

blueline

EOG Master
I am no fan of QH .....there are usually big chalks at NFLD....personally if those were my 2 options I look at NFLD

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
OK, I did not check harness. I am allowed to make harness selections, apparently.

However, big fields, and in my experience, harness horses are riskier. They sometimes go "on a break".

blue, what would you do?

Blue, what would you do?

Fun to say.

yisman

EOG Master
that's the issue with all harness racing

no real money until it's basically too late to play in this contest

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I think that 4/5 was the biggest favorite today where show wagering was available, and that was a 2/1 M/L, so the fact that it got bet down that far was surprising (IOW, I was not tracking it and no one mentioned it before the race).

Nothing close to 1/9, so harder than people were saying.

Comes down to Los Alamitos, one of the worst tracks in the country.
A pair of 4/5 shots listed in the program for the night's first two races.

I had no idea yisman would take my suggestion so literally. BTW, it took me 4 whole races at Gulfstream to find a 3/5 shot at post.

The 4/5 ML #4 at Los Alamitos R1 is now 1/9 (now 1/5 @ 1 MTP). 4 MTP has roughly 70% of the WIN POOL. There is no SHOW betting, but no problem , just bet PLACE.

yisman

EOG Master
as for Gulfstream, I was not in a position to monitor the betting on every race all day. That was a 5/2 M/L that got hammered down with ADW money

yisman

EOG Master
I had no idea yisman would take my suggestion so literally. BTW, it took me 4 whole races at Gulfstream to find a 3/5 shot at post.

The 4/5 ML #4 at Los Alamitos R1 is now 1/9 (now 1/5 @ 1 MTP). 4 MTP has roughly 70% of the WIN POOL. There is no SHOW betting, but no problem , just bet PLACE.

about 50% of the win pool as they move towards the gates

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Congratulations to YISMAN for closing out the competition a winner.

Brilliant call yesterday with the wire-to-wire win on the grass at Tampa Bay Downs.

Winner paid $19.80 to pave the way for YISMAN's victory.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Great job Yis conquering this difficult challenge and congrats on the score.

December is always a very tough month for handicapping the races.

Last edited by a moderator: