Detroit Lions 2023 Season Thread

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This reminds me of #HeatCulture. 3 major injuries at the start of the playoffs. 2 knocked out completely. 3 was Jimmy B hobbled and limited. And they still made it to the Finals.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Gaggy's NFLe TL was 17 years but really was done after 12. Only one more regular season rooster. But all that time drawing a check and only 17 touchdown passes.

Heim

EOG Master
I know a lot of love for LA boys but who did they play on playoff run of 6-1? Throw out 49er scrimmage and only formidable team was Cleveland at home, Flacco's first game. The Rams are a bit of a illusion, especially that secondary imo

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
This falls under the envelope of "Detroit"

Capture.JPG

I actually cashed two tickets last night on this game, Detroit race to 8 points +140, and then when the Pistons were up big early on, bet Sacramento -2.5 live, and easily cashed that!

Valuist

EOG Master
I know a lot of love for LA boys but who did they play on playoff run of 6-1? Throw out 49er scrimmage and only formidable team was Cleveland at home, Flacco's first game. The Rams are a bit of a illusion, especially that secondary imo

Other than SF, the rest of the NFC sucks. They did play Baltimore, BTW.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I remember a game I had +14 or something and my team was up +14 or something after the 3rd qtr. They lost by +14 plus something.

blueline

EOG Master
I took the points at the opener......wouldnt be surprised at being on the short end of a 34-27 game

one "x" factor could be all of the pressure is on Detroit....can Goff, Campbell and company stand up under that heat....Rams have been there and are playing with house money

I hope Detroit does well...a lions win and a rams cover works fine for me

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

If you go to a current day Lions games, there is an unbelievable amount of #9 Stafford jerseys being worn. There is a movement for people not to wear any Stafford gear to this game, or even cheer for him.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

Matthew Stafford on return to Ford Field: "It's going to be rocking"​

Over 12 years with the Lions, Matthew Stafford never had this moment. He's getting it all the same: a playoff game at Ford Field.

"Obviously it'll be a different scenario, won't be wearing their colors, but still, appreciate so many of the people there that gave me my start in this league and took care of me for 12 years, too," Stafford said upon learning the Lions will host the Rams in the playoffs.

It will be a raucous environment for the Lions' first home playoff game in 30 years and their first-ever playoff game at Ford Field, topped off by a primetime kick. Stafford and the Rams, who won seven of eight to close the season, will be aiming to tame it.

"The opportunity happens to be in Detroit, which is fun for me on a personal level. Got some other guys on our team that are from the city, too, which is really cool. I know it's going to be rocking there. Haven't had a playoff game there in about 30 years or whatever it is, so it'll be a great atmosphere. It'll be a tough task for us, but definitely excited," he said.

Stafford got some of the emotions of facing his former team out of the way when the Rams hosted the Lions in his first season in LA, when the two teams were on different trajectories. The Lions were winless in the first season of a rebuild, and the Rams were on their way to the Super Bowl.

But this is Stafford's first game in Detroit since requesting a trade three years ago, with win-or-go-home stakes. Just don't expect him to get caught up in all the hoopla.

"We played them in '21 here at our place and really, to be honest with you, a football game is a football game once the ball is snapped," Stafford said. "There will be a lot of stuff beforehand I'm sure I'll have to answer questions about, and they will, too, but once the ball is snapped it's time to go play football."

Asked if he's thought about how it will feel to run onto the field before the game, Stafford said, "It will be excitement, just because it's a playoff game."

"They're obviously a really talented football team. Playing at a really high level really all season long, been one of the more consistent teams in our league, so it will be a big challenge for us. I'll be locked-in on trying to do the best I can to get this team to where we want to be at the end of the game," he said.

Stafford didn't play in the Rams' regular-season finale as the team rested its vets, but he was a big reason for their surge down the stretch. After returning in Week 11 from a thumb injury, he threw 16 touchdowns to four picks with a passer rating of 104.5 in his final seven games. The Rams rallied from a 3-6 start to finish 10-7.

"Exciting for this team just to get to where we are right now, to be honest with you," Stafford said. "So many people out there didn't think we'd get to this point, and the ability to get to this point is a true testament to everybody in this locker room. It's awesome."

And now, it will bring him back to where it all began.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Lions will win. It is written.

Lions beat Rams (1980 debutantè)
Lions beat Bucs (1981 finale)
Lions beat 49ers (1983 playoffs)
Lions beat Bills (1976 Thanksgiving) or Lions beat Steelers (1983 Thanksgiving)

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is no classic Lions/Eagles game other than when that dipshit Costas guessed wrong on the opening kickoff in 1977.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Very exciting game. I'm travelling in Europe right now, game started at 2.15am, over at about 5.15am, worth staying up all night. Thought for a minute we may blow it.....but the defense played very well. Was very happy to hear Dallas lost, setting up another home game that I will get to see in person.