Machado needs to be suspended for Game 5

Valuist

EOG Master
Agree completely. What a dirty mfer he is. And shit like this may hurt him a bit in free agency. Clearly a despicable POS.

At some point, he will either get beaned or knocked down. And rightfully so.

Heim

EOG Master
That's one Latin player LAD Mexicans won't be sad to see go. Doubt Dodgers resign. OTOH Puig is a goof ball but the Mex love him.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
after this evenings cowardly move
I would like to see the Rawlings logo branded
in between his eyes with a heater about 97-98 rising.

Chuck Sims

EOG Dedicated
Common courtesy after making the putout is to take your foot off the bag to avoid any chance of injury by the runner tripping over your leg, spraining his ankle when stepping on the 1st baseman's foot, tearing up a knee landing wrong when trying to avoid the 1st baseman's leg.

Gabe

Horse racing expert
After there kiss and make up session in the 13th, I don't think we will see any beanings.

Valuist

EOG Master
I turned it off after the 12th, but I'd be surprised if this incident was completely forgotten. Aguilar could've easily blown out a knee or ankle on that play.

kane

EOG master
Common courtesy after making the putout is to take your foot off the bag to avoid any chance of injury by the runner tripping over your leg, spraining his ankle when stepping on the 1st baseman's foot, tearing up a knee landing wrong when trying to avoid the 1st baseman's leg.
It was a dirty play by Machado, he didn't try to avoid Aguilar's leg, he intentionally stayed on the inside part of the base so he could do what he did, the guy has done shit like this many times before, he's a dirty player, end of story.

kane

EOG master
Machado is one dumb mother fr. He is going to get plunked with a 99 mph fastball in the ribs today.
Not sure intentionally putting a runner on base in a playoff game is what will happen, but baseball players have long memories, the next time the Brewers and Machado meet up I'm sure payback is in order, I just don't think it comes in this series

Valuist

EOG Master
Not sure intentionally putting a runner on base in a playoff game is what will happen, but baseball players have long memories, the next time the Brewers and Machado meet up I'm sure payback is in order, I just don't think it comes in this series

You could be right. Likely figures to be a close, low scoring game. Payback will happen at some point; I think umpires will be a little more forgiving for payback in the next game. If its next season, they won't.

kane

EOG master
Also what about the times he slides into second and grabs the shortstops leg as he's attempting the double play, he was called for that as well. I can give the benefit of the doubt to a guy if it's his first time, but Machado has a history of dirty play, his day of reckoning is coming, it might not be till next year, but it's coming

cheapseats

EOG Master
hard-ass mexican...knew he was not coming back to the dodgers by the time he let out the "not my cup of tea"......he goes to the AL and never see the brewers again......agree nothing rest of the series, umps will take control from the get go...............in some ways i am sure Corey is happy to see all this......................

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Aguilar also needs to be suspended, too then. He intentionally stuck his leg in the way

This all goes back to what I have said for some time now: If MLB REALLY cares about safety - like they say they do - time to do what Softball does. TWO bases at First base. The White one is for the fielder on plays at 1B. The Orange one is for the runner. Now there is no contact that can be made because if the fielder only touches the orange or the runner only touches the white it is the same as not touching a base at all. Only time the runner can touch the white is if there is no play and the runner has thoughts of trying to get a double.

Doesn't get any easier that that. We now have a rule to discourage contact at homeplate - time to do the same at the base with the most action.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
Aguilar also needs to be suspended, too then. He intentionally stuck his leg in the way

This all goes back to what I have said for some time now: If MLB REALLY cares about safety - like they say they do - time to do what Softball does. TWO bases at First base. The White one is for the fielder on plays at 1B. The Orange one is for the runner. Now there is no contact that can be made because if the fielder only touches the orange or the runner only touches the white it is the same as not touching a base at all. Only time the runner can touch the white is if there is no play and the runner has thoughts of trying to get a double.

Doesn't get any easier that that. We now have a rule to discourage contact at homeplate - time to do the same at the base with the most action.

Aguilar did what? I guess I missed that replay angle.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

that is some funny shit :ROFLMAO:

kane

EOG master

Your homerism is showing Winky, in no way is Aguilar to blame, Machado clearly runs toward the inside of the base, it was very easy form him to not make contact with Aguilar, and like I said, if this was Manny's first time it might be different, but he has a long history of this stuff

cheapseats

EOG Master
Ron Cey speaking with Petros today basically said manny has no change in hell of being a dodger, called him a rental player

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Ron Cey speaking with Petros today basically said manny has no change in hell of being a dodger, called him a rental player

You didn't need Cey to say that. That was pretty well known when they traded for him. Seager back next season and knowing it would take at least $30M a season and probably more, and for 7-10 years, no way in HELL Doyers are gonna bring him back.

Having said that if the Doyers win the WS - the trade was 100% worth it

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

I played in a softball league with 2 home plates. 50 and over league. They tried to make it safe for us old guys.