We still think the Red Wings are done...?

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
With 10 games to go, Red Wings are 7-2-1 in the last 10, and beating the Pens 3-1 in the third tonight. Wings are in 8th spot for now, ahead of Calgary. No one in the West wants to play Detroit in the first round of the playoffs. Wings getting healthy, and took 5 out of 6 points on recent Western swing. GO WINGS! :houra

tripp

EOG Master
Re: We still think the Red Wings are done...?

might be the first time i've ever seen a 8 seed favored over a 1 seed in the playoffs if Phoenix gets the 1 seed and Detroit gets the 8

overall detroit still a very good team, but teams like San Jose and Chicago are still without doubt the favorites to come out of the West

choslamshe

EOG Master

Detroit will finish no worse than 6th in the Conference...maybe even 5th ahead of Nashville, LA, and Colorado. Detroit finishes the season off with:

6 HOME: Stl, Min, Clb x2, Nsh, Edm
4 ROAD: Nsh, Phi, Clb, Chi

Their home schedule should warrant a 5-1 or 4-1-1 at worst

If they can split their road record, should be good enough to put them in 5th in the West, especially if they sweep the Predators..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Detroit has zero chance to pass LA.

SJ might be finished. Its extremely hard to just quit playing at the end of the year and all of a sudden turn it on in the playoffs.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

NoNewbieca, do you think the Wings have the goaltending to go anywhere in the playpffs?

tripp

EOG Master

Detroit will finish no worse than 6th in the Conference...maybe even 5th ahead of Nashville, LA, and Colorado. Detroit finishes the season off with:

6 HOME: Stl, Min, Clb x2, Nsh, Edm
4 ROAD: Nsh, Phi, Clb, Chi

Their home schedule should warrant a 5-1 or 4-1-1 at worst

If they can split their road record, should be good enough to put them in 5th in the West, especially if they sweep the Predators..

i think det finishes 7th or 8th. don't think they'll be climbing that much, and those games won't be as easy as you think

choslamshe

EOG Master

not sure how you think the wings have ZERO (0) chance of passing LA. With a Colorado win tonight they're 2 points back with 10 games left??? Zero chance? Really?

With the way Detroit has played since the Olympic break, and considering their last 10 games, i don't think it would be that surprising for them to catch Nashville and either Colorado and/or LA.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

not sure how you think the wings have ZERO (0) chance of passing LA. With a Colorado win tonight they're 2 points back with 10 games left??? Zero chance? Really?

With the way Detroit has played since the Olympic break, and considering their last 10 games, i don't think it would be that surprising for them to catch Nashville and either Colorado and/or LA.

Zero chance. Kings are ahead of them right now, they have a game in hand and they're the better team. Not rocket science.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Salo - the goaltending obviously concerns me a great deal. Having said that, a healthy Wings team defensively averages around 20 shots a game. They have showed in the past that their goalie (Osgood in 2 stanley cup runs in a row) only needs to avoid the bad goals.

Howard has been looking better, and as a team the Wings are playing better in front of him. Howard should be a Rookie of the Year candidate believe it or not. Last night against the Pens he played well.

I will be happy with the Wings taking a 7 or 8 spot and then taking out the top teams. Seems every year a top team loses in the first round. Last year it was Sharks losing to Anaheim. Pens last year were a #4 seed.

They won't be favored over anyone in a series, nor should they be. If they are matched up against Phoenix and are favored you should beg borrow and steal to bet the Coyotes.

K13

EOG Dedicated

chicago and SJ are tanking so they don't have to play them, Like i said couple weeks ago, they are scared, not like detroit is going to win the cup but its great to see #1 seed choke jobs.

give me a chicago detroit first round, i hate them both

K13

EOG Dedicated

They won't be favored over anyone in a series, nor should they be. If they are matched up against Phoenix and are favored you should beg borrow and steal to bet the Coyotes.

fave over nashville, fave over colorado, probably be close to even money against coyotes.

K13

EOG Dedicated

teams i want to see lose in the playoffs, wash, NJ, chicago, san jose, detroit, anyone else will make a great champion:thumbsup

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Wings win again last night over STL, and get some breathing room from the Flames (4 pts behind). Preds and Avs just 2 points ahead (LA three points ahead). Fillpula and Bertuzzi played well last night. Zetterberg the game before.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

chicago and SJ are tanking so they don't have to play them, Like i said couple weeks ago, they are scared, not like detroit is going to win the cup but its great to see #1 seed choke jobs.

give me a chicago detroit first round, i hate them both

Scared? We're tanking? Oh my this has to be the dumbest post in a while. The Blackhawks are losing games on purpose so they won't have to play a team that they are better than? :doh1

The Blackhawks aren't playing as well because they appeared to get complacent, but the sense of urgency seems to be back.

Can't believe you just said the Hawks were losing on purpose to avoid the wings. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

BTW Ruca, I'm not sure many that watch hockey ever thought the Wings were done; I know I certainly didn't.

K13

EOG Dedicated

Scared? We're tanking? Oh my this has to be the dumbest post in a while. The Blackhawks are losing games on purpose so they won't have to play a team that they are better than? :doh1

The Blackhawks aren't playing as well because they appeared to get complacent, but the sense of urgency seems to be back.

Can't believe you just said the Hawks were losing on purpose to avoid the wings. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

BTW Ruca, I'm not sure many that watch hockey ever thought the Wings were done; I know I certainly didn't.

face it, chicago is not that good

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Yeah, we're not that good. ::LMAO:: Sorry that Huet is horseshit, but Niemi is fine. We lead the best Conference in points but we're not that good. :hangtWay to overreact to one stretch of hockey.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

In Chicago I would really worry about Huet. Letting in 7 goals against Columbus is not a good way to build confidence. He is already rattled, and this may be really bad. No team tanks games, but they do rest players (I imagine that Caps will likely start doing that).

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Huet let in 7 goals? Huet isn't our starter so not sure why it matters. He let in 5 horrific goals and got pulled. Niemi will be fine, he just needs to get used to the pressure of being a starter.

choslamshe

EOG Master

Bump for FK

it only took them 4 games to catch LA, Colorado, and only 1 behind Nsh.

Will they hold it? Maybe not, but to say they had zero chance of catching LA was retarded. lmao....

Detroit is the best team in the NHL 'right now.'

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Phoenix is the best team in the last 10, not Detroit.

Chicago will kick Detroit's ass.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Right now, DET slated in 5th place has a game in hand and 2 points behind NASH. If they overtake NASH, then they likely play PHO in the first round. I'd take the Wings easily there.

DET against Chicago in 5gp is 2-2-1. And this was with a banged up DET team earlier in the year. I like that matchup. CHI right now would play those pesky Kings and THAT would be a great series. Two young and up and coming teams.

Count on a couple of upsets for teams at the top. SJ against COL to me would be an easy win for SJ, but they have a tendancy to choke. I think that Heatley makes a difference there, but I wonder about the Olympic stat that no team with 5 or more players goes past the second round in the playoffs.

DET 7-1-2 in the last 10. PHO is 6-3-1. Not to worry, since the Olympic break the Wings have shown that they mean business.

I hope people agree with you because I am going to back up the truck on Vancouver or Phoenix facing the Wings and getting odds. I'd bet either team up to -160 in this matchup, neither are the teams Detroit wants to face. If they really think they have Chicago or San Jose's number they should have slowed up a few games ago and made it happen.

K13

EOG Dedicated

I hope people agree with you because I am going to back up the truck on Vancouver or Phoenix facing the Wings and getting odds. I'd bet either team up to -160 in this matchup, neither are the teams Detroit wants to face. If they really think they have Chicago or San Jose's number they should have slowed up a few games ago and made it happen.

phoenix will be a doggie or close to even money

K13

EOG Dedicated

lets see who's right, det/phx it is

waiting on lines.......

:pop:

I'm sure the line will be around pick em and I'll be betting the Yotes. In hockey playoffs anything can happen, but I believe I have the better team with home ice on my side. Can't ask for more.

K13

EOG Dedicated

its taking forever to get these lines out, argghhh, i'm getting grumpy....

love to see detroit lose, i wanted to see nashville/phx and they fucked it up

K13

EOG Dedicated

4/14/2010 9:35 PM San Jose Sharks vs Colorado Avalanche
301 San Jose Sharks -400
302 Colorado Avalanche +320
4/14/2010 9:05 PM Chicago Blackhawks vs Nashville Predators
303 Chicago Blackhawks
304 Nashville Predators
4/15/2010 9:05 PM Vancouver Canucks vs Los Angeles Kings
305 Vancouver Canucks -250
306 Los Angeles Kings +210
4/14/2010 9:05 PM Phoenix Coyotes vs Detroit Red Wings
307 Phoenix Coyotes
308 Detroit Red Wings
4/15/2010 6:05 PM Washington Capitals vs Montreal Canadiens
309 Washington Capitals -600
310 Montreal Canadiens +450
4/14/2010 6:35 PM New Jersey Devils vs Philadelphia Flyers
311 New Jersey Devils -220
312 Philadelphia Flyers +180
4/15/2010 6:05 PM Buffalo Sabres vs Boston Bruins
313 Buffalo Sabres -175
314 Boston Bruins +150
4/14/2010 6:05 PM Pittsburgh Penguins vs Ottawa Senators
315 Pittsburgh Penguins -220
316 Ottawa Senators +180

K13

EOG Dedicated

Detroit is -190

lol told you

detroit a doggie, :LMAO

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Interestingly Philly has owned Devils in the reg season (5-1) but they have NO goalie. BOS beat BUF 4-2 in reg season.

For me, I like LA and their young guns against the Canucks. I still expect the Wings to take care of the Coyotes and their inexperience. For me, San Jose finally wins the west this year. In the East, I like Buffalo and Ryan Miller.

The Wings line is laughable, nothing more to say then that. But then again the Coyotes have been getting generous lines all year long.

K13

EOG Dedicated

pitt is already getting pounded. I knew i should have got it right away.2348ji23e

van/la line is a joke, way too high

la, philly, bos, possible upsets

Why you like LA? They are the second easiest team to face in the West. I'd much rather face them than Nashville.

K13

EOG Dedicated

Why you like LA? They are the second easiest team to face in the West. I'd much rather face them than Nashville.

I don't like them THAT much but the line is too high, should be around -175

they play well on the road, public perception on van is way high, everyone forgot about LA at this point.

but then again i think mtl has a chance against wash :+textinb3

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Bump for FK

it only took them 4 games to catch LA, Colorado, and only 1 behind Nsh.

Will they hold it? Maybe not, but to say they had zero chance of catching LA was retarded. lmao....

Detroit is the best team in the NHL 'right now.'

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

<table id="post2786231" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><tr><td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal; border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94);"> 03-25-10, 08:32 PM </td><td class="thead" style="font-weight: normal; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color;" align="right"> #17 </td></tr><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" style="border-width: 0px 1px; border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94);" width="175"> K13 <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2786231", true); </script>
EOG Veteran

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_2786231" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: We still think the Red Wings are done...?
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset;"> Originally Posted by Timely Hero
Scared? We're tanking? Oh my this has to be the dumbest post in a while. The Blackhawks are losing games on purpose so they won't have to play a team that they are better than?

Can't believe you just said the Hawks were losing on purpose to avoid the wings.

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
face it, chicago is not that good
</td></tr><tr><td class="alt2" style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94);"> </td><td class="alt1" style="border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color;" align="right"> </td></tr></tr></tbody></table>