Best baseball player you have ever seen??

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Best baseball player you have ever seen??

3 of the best pitchers during that era...Gibson, Koufax, and Marichal in that order...all the pitchers back then benefited from the higher mound...

Have to disagree with you Viejo.......Gibson was meaner, but on my team he would be no.3......behind Koufax and Marachal.......both had way better stuff than Gibson. Koufax was by far the better picher and for 5 or 6 years he was the best ever.........

The Devil

EOG Master

actually his last 4 years he was 97-27 with 31 shutouts.......and era's of 1.88, 1.73, 2.04 and 1.74

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

actually his last 4 years he was 97-27 with 31 shutouts.......and era's of 1.88, 1.73, 2.04 and 1.74

Remember the perfect game Koufax threw vs the Cubs? The Cub pitcher have up 1 hit. (Bob Hendley).

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Have to disagree with you Viejo.......Gibson was meaner, but on my team he would be no.3......behind Koufax and Marachal.......both had way better stuff than Gibson. Koufax was by far the better picher and for 5 or 6 years he was the best ever.........

Cant' argue with you Devil...all three were great....:thumbsup

add Pedro and it would be a hell of a rotation...

The Devil

EOG Master

Cant' argue with you Devil...all three were great....:thumbsup

add Pedro and it would be a hell of a rotation...

Don't get me wrong Viego....Gibson was awesome........that 1.12 he threw in 69 I believe will never be touched........

Truth be told I couldn't hit either, but I would rather have a bat in my hand against Koufax than facing Gibson as i know I never looked good with a baseball in my ear..........

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Alex is better than Bonds. Alex faced AL pitching which is far superior to NL pitching. No contest.

Firehorn

EOG Dedicated

Tony Gwynn was my favorite to watch hit. Have to think Bonds and Pulos were/are 2 of the best and I also thought Rafael Palmerio was great. I thought in the late 80s, that Eric Davis was going to be one of the best ever, but I was wrong there, he seemed to always be hurt.

gutterflower

EOG Enthusiast

In the late 70's played in a north american connie mack regional against the straw.Daryl was playing for Compton an all african american team and i canada west.The straw caught a fly ball in centre and threw a frozen rope pea from 300 some odd feet to home plate to nail a runner that had tagged.The dude had a _uckin gun.On the pro side i agree with Mo, Griffey jr was great in Seatle.Strawberry was the numero uno pick in the next draft.Always followed his career there after the good bad and ugly.

Heim

EOG Master

No mention of Rickey Henderson?

Best live guy I've ever seen. He did it all.
And if you ask Rickey he would undoubtedly agree.

Apple

Banned

In the late 70's played in a north american connie mack regional against the straw.Daryl was playing for Compton an all african american team and i canada west.The straw caught a fly ball in centre and threw a frozen rope pea from 300 some odd feet to home plate to nail a runner that had tagged.The dude had a _uckin gun.On the pro side i agree with Mo, Griffey jr was great in Seatle.Strawberry was the numero uno pick in the next draft.Always followed his career there after the good bad and ugly.

Saw Strawberry hit a grand slam and another 3 run homer in one single game.. 7 RBIs!!

when I was a kid at Dodger Stadium.. Imagine if Straw stayed clean????

Great player..

great documentary on him on the mlb network

holds many records including 81 leadoff homers, steals, walks, runs

a Rickie rally. Walk, steal 2nd,steal 3rd and score on a sac fly

J

joeybagadonuts

You are hilarioius, You're a joke.

Saws the biggest douche bag front runner in forum history!

Classic. People are saying you start the worst threads EOG, that should tell ya something, pal.

Yankees are clowns, clap clap clap!
:doh1

railbird

EOG Master

Was a 15 yr old sophmore and had Jack Mcdowell throw 93 on the inside corner. my knees were shaking.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

first guy that came to mind for me. rickey was a beast on the diamond and definetly one strang cat.

BADCO

EOG Dedicated

Rickey Henderson in his prime was a one man wrecking crew.

When he got on base he was a human rain delay.

When the A's were on the road you had to tune in before first pitch.

He was a nut case but poetry in motion to watch.