One thing in sports you would like to see changed?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
It could be anything.

I would change a rule in NHL hockey. If a penalty is committed in the last 2 minutes of the game and then carries over to OT, the teams play 5 on 4 in OT and not 4 on 3. A 4 on 3 PP is much easier to score than a 5 on 4. Now, if the penalty is COMMITTED in OT than you go 4 on 3, but if a PP starts 5 on 4, it should remain 5 on 4 even thru OT.

When the penalty is over, you play 5 on 5 until the next whistle.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: One thing in sports you would like to see changed?

I would also vote for the elimination of the BCS and a playoff system in College football.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Sports bras and panties on female tennis players.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

NHL! i would make the goalies bigger so we can see games like 15-10 type of games! that would be so so much more fun!

right now u see boring 1-0 2-0 2-2 type of games really low scoring
thats no fun at all really sucks to watch NHL right now!

for basketball i would make the basket a bit bigger so we can have high scoring games too! i watch games and that ball shot so many times it goes in and out so so many times its just frustrating to watch that ball go in and out if u made that rim a bit bigger u would not have that much of a problem! every1 would have high % and would see a lot of deep 3s!!

cheapseats

EOG Master

Bass fishing tournaments should not be allowed warm-up, pre-fish days..........:small3d59:

Apple

Banned

Lower ticket prices and lower salaries for any player making more than 5 mill a year..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I would like to see it stay the way it is. If there is to be any change in baseball, i'd like to see the DH added to the NL.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

NHL shootouts are TORTURE for bettors, but great for fans. Its awesome to be at a game and see a shootout. You get to see 5 free minutes of hockey AND a S/O

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Too many football plays are called back on account of penalties that had no damn effect on the play. Not sure if this can be adjusted in some way.

Apple

Banned

Too many football plays are called back on account of penalties that had no damn effect on the play. Not sure if this can be adjusted in some way.

I agree with that man.. Hate to see a big special teams play killed because of a stupid block in the back that had no effect on the play..

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I agree with that Chesser. That's a rule in horse racing at some tracks. They won't disqualify a horse for interference if his interference didn't affect the outcome.

mofome

Banned

a kickoff out of bounds should be a 5 yard penalty and a re-kick.

Apple

Banned

Nothing worse than a horse getting DQ'd after winning by 3 or more lenghts..

The Wicked North was the worst DQ of all time.

$tinky

EOG Senior Member

an extra 30 minutes to an hour between nfl morning and afternoon games.

K13

EOG Dedicated

NHL shootouts are TORTURE for bettors, but great for fans. Its awesome to be at a game and see a shootout. You get to see 5 free minutes of hockey AND a S/O

No more ties, thus one less variable. Atleast you always know your team has a chance to win.

NFL OT is like the Arena Football League

EACH team is guaranteed a possession and if tied after that NOW we go to Sudden Death

This won't be put in place until the first SB goes to OT and the team that wins the toss goes down and kicks a FG on the first possession of OT. AS SOON AS THAT HAPPENS the NFL OT rule will be changed before the next season

Hope it happens this year. Hope the Saints or Colts go 16-0 and one makes the SB and whoever does and is 18-0 goes to OT in the SB and loses the coin toss and loses the SB and finishes 18-1 because they never got the ball in OT

IF this happens OT will be changed by next season

938four

EOG Dedicated

NFL OT is like the Arena Football League

EACH team is guaranteed a possession and if tied after that NOW we go to Sudden Death

This won't be put in place until the first SB goes to OT and the team that wins the toss goes down and kicks a FG on the first possession of OT. AS SOON AS THAT HAPPENS the NFL OT rule will be changed before the next season

Hope it happens this year. Hope the Saints or Colts go 16-0 and one makes the SB and whoever does and is 18-0 goes to OT in the SB and loses the coin toss and loses the SB and finishes 18-1 because they never got the ball in OT

IF this happens OT will be changed by next season

excllent point:cheers

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Oct 15, 2008

How Important is the Coin Flip in OT?

<STYLE>.fullpost{display:inline;}</STYLE>All of our favorite teams have been on the short end of the stick when it comes to sudden death overtime in the NFL. The opposing team wins the coin flip, gets a decent return, completes a couple passes, then kicks a game-winning 40+ yard field goal. Our team never even gets a chance to touch the ball. It's a painful end to an otherwise exciting game.

Everyone knows the coin toss can be decisive. The team that wins the toss instantly becomes favored to win the game, but just how heavily?

From the 2000 through 2007 regular seasons, there have been 124 overtime games. In every single game except one (I believe), the team that won the toss elected to receive. And those receiving teams won 60% of the time (and tied once). That's a relatively large advantage, particularly when compared to home field advantage.

Home teams have only won 51% of OT games. The weakness of HFA isn't too surprising given the way it diminishes throughout a game. It's strongest in the 1st quarter and then diminishes through subsequent quarters until it's almost non-existent in OT. Fans are presumably at their most involved at this point in a game, which suggests crowd involvement is not the primary source of HFA.

The dreaded 'lose-the-coin-toss-never-touch-the-ball' scenario happened in 37 out of the 124 OT periods, or about 30% of all overtime games. That's too often in my opinion. The NFL's current sudden death format can be exciting and lead to quick resolutions. But if almost 1 out of 3 games is over before the unlucky coin toss loser even touches the ball, a lot of teams and fans are going to be left with a bitter and empty feeling

Home teams have only won 51% of OT games. The weakness of HFA isn't too surprising given the way it diminishes throughout a game. It's strongest in the 1st quarter and then diminishes through subsequent quarters until it's almost non-existent in OT. Fans are presumably at their most involved at this point in a game, which suggests crowd involvement is not the primary source of HFA.

Home teams are at a MASSIVE disadvantage in OT because the ROAD team calls the flip. I would simply cal "tails" all the time since that comes up the most and it makes sense since the "Heads" side of the coin weighs more thus falas to the ground fastest and with that side most likely to land facing the ground

been beggin for it for years,

NCAABB needs to adapt the NBA's rule of the semi circle in the paint.

Im so tired of watching these kids take charges under the basket, this is not playing defense. Stop rewarding them for it.

Stop testing for steroids and HGH. I want the best product possible out there. I find it humurous that people actually think HGH is bad for you.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Stop testing for steroids and HGH. I want the best product possible out there. I find it humurous that people actually think HGH is bad for you.

Voice of reason.

When baseball fans cry for steroid bans they are actually saying "hit the ball less far, run slower, dont jump as high and be less athletic and i'll still be willing to pay the same price to see you perform".

Now, with these smaller, slower and less athletic athletes, wouldn't you be willing to accept lower ticket prices? Sure you would. Except, there's only one problem. No one's lowering any prices anytime soon.

JD_

EOG Veteran

The ruling where they can only show a game 15 minutes past start time of the second game. I hate when they show the last couple of minutes of a close game and then they have to switch over to the start of another game.

"Final chance. This has been an incredible drive to try to win the game. They have 1 play left. This is one of the best games you will see all year. Here is the pass..........to Greg Gumble with the start of the Seahawks/Raiders game."