Just in: Tebow and Meyer to Tampa

High Times

EOG Master
Is this right?

Tampa Bay with their #1 pick will take Tebow and hire Meyer?

Sounds pretty awesome if your a Buc fan

Could this be true?

We will see

:pop:

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere
Re: Just in: Tebow and Meyer to Tampa

Jags have said they would do everything they could to get Tebow. Can't see the Yuccos making a move like this after grabbing Freeman last year.

tripp

EOG Master

Tebow as the 1st pick in the 5th round wouldn't even be a good pick.

Tebow is not even a top 10 college QB right now

dustdevil

EOG Dedicated

Not sure about that Tripp, but I do think he's regressed for whatever reason.

Integrity

EOG Master

might get killed for this, but I see alot of steve young in tebow

i see the same in vick

however, this requires maturity....

but, tebow COULD get there

maybe best suited as an optional toy aka wildcat, h-back or something, but still, there's talent and potential to be developed

just may take a long while

The Blueprint

EOG Dedicated

eh I think he's only a QB, a guy much like young that could be a backup for 3-4 years and then maybe get a shot to start.

you can't teach speed and heart, he def has both

Integrity

EOG Master

eh I think he's only a QB, a guy much like young that could be a backup for 3-4 years and then maybe get a shot to start.

you can't teach speed and heart, he def has both

i hear ya and would def wanna give him a shot to be qb if i were running a team

but im not and these guys like to protect their asses, so they'd prob bring him in as a toy and let him go from there...

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

jacksonville were the ones who said they'd draft tebow mainly due to the real bad ticket sales.now tampa just drafted josh freeman in the first round this year so it wouldn't make sense to draft a qb in the first round two years straight.

shdw01

EOG Dedicated

If Urban Meyer left Florida to go NFL, he will be thought of as one of the best college coaches (just from the short time he spent at Utah and Florida, he is a winner)....if he did good in the NFL, he will be a coaching god.

If he fucked up in the NFL, there is no doubt in my mind he can get any college job he would want.....if Saban can get a gig at Bama, Meyer proved much more on the collegiate level and can't fuckup much worse at the NFL level.

but if he took Tebow as his 1st rd pick......2348ji23e

K13

EOG Dedicated

Vick was a #1 pick.

QB's are crap shoot, might as well get one that sells tickets.

Chances are some other QB will be a bust anyway.

there is absolutley no reason for a top paid college coach to leave for the nfl

not only will he not be paid more, he has to work harder, sleep less

deal with paid athletes etc.

its a no brainer to stay

as for tebow succeeding in the nfl as a qb, I highly doubt it, its not his accuracy but his slow release

although his athletic ability alone will merit a day 2 draft pick if not late day 1

as for him not being a top college qb that is whoreshit and shows how little said person knows about college football

right now he is taking the gators on his back because the new o coordinator sucks and he really doesnt trust his receivers outside cooper

as ochocinco said chile please

just like the gmen would work the saints right? please

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

the best thing a top paid winning college coach can do is just stay where they are.most i've seen jump to the pros are mediocre at best once they jump to the pros.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2495696 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 10-28-09, 12:12 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #17 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>MIKEH75******** type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2495696", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2495696 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Just in: Tebow and Meyer to Tampa
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>the best thing a top paid winning college coach can do is just stay where they are.most i've seen jump to the pros are mediocre at best once they jump to the pros.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sharp post.... goes for college bb coaches too.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

The NFL has learned its lesson with Lane Kiffin, Bobby Petrino and Nick Saban.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Is this right?

Could this be true?

We will see

This guy, who thinks Mike Vick sucks wanted the Jags to take Tim Tebow with the #1 pick. You really can't make this shit up. :LMAO

High Times

EOG Master

This guy, who thinks Mike Vick sucks wanted the Jags to take Tim Tebow with the #1 pick. You really can't make this shit up. :LMAO

Where did I say I wanted the Jags to take him?

I did say he would be a first round pick and he was. Now he just needs a coach to give him a chance.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Let me guess: "Tebow is just a winner" and that's why he deserves to play

diogee

Verly isnt going anywhere

Can't beat that argument. Tebow is not an nfl qb.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

How do we know until he gets to play a few games? I just think it is a waste to have him mired on somebody's bench. If Denver doesn't want to play him - fine - trade for a back up QB - let him play someplace. Put Tebow on the Ravens and say - we are going to run the ball, run the ball, run the ball. No screwups - no interceptions - we will play defense behind you.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Is this right?

Could this be true?

We will see

High Times, do you not read what you write? You said he'd go #1 to the Bucs (which made no sense anyway), so I politely corrected you to the Jags (because that made sense).

He didn't go #1. Urban Meyer isn't his coach. He isn't good.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

How do we know until he gets to play a few games? I just think it is a waste to have him mired on somebody's bench. If Denver doesn't want to play him - fine - trade for a back up QB - let him play someplace. Put Tebow on the Ravens and say - we are going to run the ball, run the ball, run the ball. No screwups - no interceptions - we will play defense behind you.

Do you understand that these guys earn their place in practice? It's not as if they are spiting Tebow - they want him to be good since he sells Jerseys, but he's so bad that they can't even rationally play him. I think that's pretty loud and clear.

High Times

EOG Master

He wasn't that bad when he did get to play.

Denver should trade him.

Someone will give him a chance. Why wouldn't they?

kid44

EOG Dedicated

Tebow cannot make the throws it takes to be an NFL QB. You can work on footwork, form, scheme and timing but if you cannot make the throws forget it. Unfortunately that is one thing you cannot fix.

I'd love to see him play somewhere, but I do not think any team actually thinks he can play QB at the NFL level. If denver has no shot to make playoffs they should throw him in and see what heart can do over talent.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

he should play tightend/H back

Nothing wrong with that - I know NFL teams don't like to platoon quarterbacks but why not try something. Wildcat for a whole quarter! Instead of having him play like the prototypical QB in the NFL let him play football the way he knows how to play.

But, the poster that said he does not have Urban Meyer is right. If Urban Meyer was the offensive coordinator Denver would be a much better offense. And a shout out to Timely Hero - the Denver Broncos have screwed up a lot of NFL talent including a coach in the last 3-4 years. You could give them Secretariat and they would try to hook up a buggy to the horse!