Would a good men's high school basketball team be able to beat the WNBA champs?

Re: Would a good men's high school basketball team be able to beat the WNBA champs?

BTW, by "good" i mean a top 25 team in america...

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Re: Would a good men's high school basketball team be able to beat the WNBA champs?

I don't think you need a "good" team, Mo could probably pick 4 guys from here and do it!

WVU

EOG Master

Of course. Especially if the real ball was used and not that toy they use for girls

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Oak Hill Academy in VA sweeps ...

and not even close

tripp

EOG Master

mens team wins easily. too much stregth, athleticism and talent. the woman team would just get out muscled the entire game. a really good high school team would beat them by 20+ easily, but i mean a team with a guy like lebron james, oj mayo or the next up and coming HS star.

ricky rubio (age of hs I believe, plays in europe though) would be able to dribble around, through and between an entire WNBA team. too quick, too skilled.

Journeyman

EOG Master

There are PLENTY of high school boys baskteball teams that would be destroyed by the WNBA Champions.

men arent in high school, unless you count LeBron James a few yrs ago.

journey - i'm kinda with you. the wnba players are not soft...they are BIG and STRONG players....i think they would hold their own against INEXPERIENCED youngsters...regardless of their gender.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Not in the top 25 Nationally ...

Yeah .. maybe Gene Hackman and Bobby Plump from the movie Hoosiers might struggle since they like to pass the ball 5 times before shooting

5 star bomb

EOG Master

There are PLENTY of high school boys baskteball teams that would be destroyed by the WNBA Champions.

men arent in high school, unless you count LeBron James a few yrs ago.

ehh maybe the shittiest of the shitty teams. The team I was on was slightly above average but we werent anything close to top 25 in state or anything. We were 3rd/10 in our conference and I guarantee we would of beat the best wnba team. It wouldnt be a game

WNBA would win easy

Does the high school team have a quick point guard or a good big man? Would be really really hard for these WNBA centers to match up against a 6'11 power forward

5star - ur team could beat the wnba champs?

:mutley :mutley :mutley

hines - yes, figure a good big man and a quick point guard.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah but these women are not a pushover either....I think some might be surprised...with that goofy smaller ball it would be a factor too.....that ball is impossibe to shoot...it's like going to the carnival and trying to win a big stuffed animal, using that little ball, if you're not use to it.

Okay with a good big man and a quick point guard, absolutely the men's team would win. Who is covering the big man? Margo Dydek is way too slow and every other WNBA player is way too short.

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

It isn't even close. The high school team wins.

cmon 5 - you can't really think an AVERAGE high school team beats the WNBA champs. cmon, my friend. that is just silly.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

5star - ur team could beat the wnba champs?

:mutley :mutley :mutley

yeah pretty easily.... 3 of our starters went to play in college. All D2 and D3 but it doesnt matter thats still much higher level than any women bball team no offense....

hines - but dontcha think the wnba pros will shoot a heck of a lot better? make more 3's? play smarter? i think the wnba players would adjust and win.

Yeah but these women are not a pushover either....I think some might be surprised...with that goofy smaller ball it would be a factor too.....that ball is impossibe to shoot...it's like going to the carnival and trying to win a big stuffed animal, using that little ball, if you're not use to it.

that lady from tenn would dominate the HS players

Hennessey

EOG Dedicated

If you think the WNBA team wins, I bet you think USC/Florida/Oklahoma could hang with the Detroit Lions too...

5 - u think that

high school bballer > wnba'er?

:mutley

Journeyman

EOG Master

maybe if you were on the team... average to above average high school bball teams would win

I disagree, an average boys high school basketaball team?

Some of these high school teams are awful...it would be interesting.

The avg boys high school basketball player would not make a major college womens team, IMO.

I'm talking avg now.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Journeyman:

I can think of a few High Schoolers the gals might have trouble with:

Oden
Conley
Garnett
Lewis
May
Monroe
Mayo
Love
Gordon
Rose

I can imagine how Ann Myers running the pt with her cross over dribble would have Mayo and Rose begging for mercy ...

cee - that is candace parker.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

A top 25 team would look like the original dream team against any compilation of women. The ball thing could not be any more true. They would destroy them anyway, but if they used a mens ball it would not even be worthy of starting the game.

journey makes an AMAZING point. that the average high school men's player would not make it onto MOST good women's teams! so how could they be better than wnba players? smart, journey...

5 star bomb

EOG Master

Journeyman:

Oden
Conley
Garnett
Lewis
May
Monroe
Mayo
Love
Gordon
Rose

I can imagine how Ann Myers running the pt with her cross over dribble would have Mayo and Rose begging for mercy ...

of course they cant hang with any of those guys.

hines - but dontcha think the wnba pros will shoot a heck of a lot better? make more 3's? play smarter? i think the wnba players would adjust and win.

Sure they do shoot better.....when they are open. How many wnba players could create their own shot against a quicker, stronger, bigger male though? Very very few. Meanwhile, they would be beaten off the dribble on most plays and would not be quick enough to rotate over on defense.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

journey makes an AMAZING point. that the average high school men's player would not make it onto MOST good women's teams! so how could they be better than wnba players? smart, journey...

not sure thats true though... lol, depends on what you consider average. I can only speak for the conference I played in High School. I would guarantee for a fact that 8/10 teams in our conference would of beat the WNBA champs. 2 of the teams were pretty weak and I cant really give a for sure answer if they would win or lose. I dont think it would be hard for a guy to make a college women hoops team at all. I would of got a full ride on a womens team haha

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

cee - that is candace parker.
yea, the same parker that can barely dunk the ball and they make a huge deal about it everytime she does. The top HS teams play the game above the rim, something no woman in history has yet to do. Ask this question in 25 years maybe.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Sounds like Journeyman is willing to suit up with 4 of the WNBAers and spot
the EOGers 18pts?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Journeyman:

Oden
Conley
Garnett
Lewis
May
Monroe
Mayo
Love
Gordon
Rose

I'm not saying that though...of course.

But she said 'good', define what is considered good, county champs? Most players on a county champion would barely have a shot to play community college ball.

These elite women are very good....I mean the WNBA champs, it would be a joke, and the joke would be on the males.

5 star bomb

EOG Master

yeah, im sure 5 and his buds could beat candice :+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

she would be the toughest girl to face no doubt... but there arent 5 girls = to her. 1 on 1 vs her id be in trouble. I could give her a game though, its a GIRL!