Vick plans on being reinstated

Vick revises bankruptcy plan on hopeful NFL return

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) ? Michael Vick would have to keep a court official informed about his attempts to be reinstated by the NFL after his release from prison, under a revised bankruptcy plan proposed by his lawyers.
The amended Chapter 11 reorganization plan was filed Monday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Newport News. A committee representing Vick's creditors endorsed the plan and urged the creditors to vote for its confirmation.
Vick, once the NFL's highest-paid player, said in a November disclosure statement that he expected to resume his career after serving his 23-month prison term for bankrolling a dogfighting conspiracy. His plan for paying his debts is premised on again earning a big salary.
Vick's major creditors complained last month that they had no real assurance Vick would be able to achieve that goal.
"The creditors are obviously interested in Michael's moneymaking prospects in the near future," said Peter Ginsberg, Vick's bankruptcy attorney.
For that reason, the revised bankruptcy plan includes a provision requiring Vick to provide the trustee overseeing liquidation of his assets with "detailed information" about his progress toward NFL reinstatement. That information, according to the plan, will be kept confidential.
To return to the league, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would have to lift Vick's suspension. Goodell has not said whether he would consider it. Then it's unclear whether a team would offer Vick a contract.
The NFL provision is part of an entirely new section of the plan titled "Covenants of the Debtor." The section spells out other Vick duties, including that he cooperate with the liquidating trustee in locating and disposing of assets.
The disclosure statement submitted in November listed real estate holdings, luxury cars and boats, business interests, bank accounts and expenses to support a large extended family. However, it also showed millions in unexplained cash withdrawals and transfers.
Vick is scheduled to be released from federal custody around July 20. Ginsberg said Monday that lawyers are still working on getting Vick transferred to a halfway house in Virginia, perhaps as early as Jan. 20.
U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Frank Santoro has ordered Vick's appearance at a bankruptcy hearing Jan. 30 in Newport News.
Vick filed for federal bankruptcy protection in July, claiming assets of $16 million and liabilities of $20.4 million.

Re: Vick plans on being reinstated

I wouldn't take him. Right or wrong, he will be booed. And, I never thought he was all that great a QB anyway. Prison likely did little to improve that.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Someone will pick him up, dont be surprised if they try to convert his ass to something else as well.

Ray, I honestly think he'd repel ticket sales. i'd boycott any team that would employ him and I know there are A LOT of dog-lovers in these United States.

soli

EOG Dedicated

I hope Vick comes back and bring that excitement back to the NFL. It's only a few players in the league today that I would watch a game without having money on it and that would be Vick, Moss, Peterson, Ray Lewis, P Manning. The league is basically for entertainment and that's what Vick brings to the table.

Ridiculous. What he did was wrong but there are athletes that have done a lot worse. What about Leonard Little, Pacman Jones, and Chris Henry?

For God's sake, Leonard Little KILLED SOMEBODY and only served 90 days in jail. Michael Vick fights dogs and loses tens of millions and gets 23 months in jail. Makes sense.

Ridiculous. What he did was wrong but there are athletes that have done a lot worse. What about Leonard Little, Pacman Jones, and Chris Henry?

For God's sake, Leonard Little KILLED SOMEBODY and only served 90 days in jail. Michael Vick fights dogs and loses tens of millions and gets 23 months in jail. Makes sense.

Another brilliant comment from you. Do they ever stop. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

soli

EOG Dedicated

Dude I never thought I would ever agree with you but damn..you hit the nail on the head. 12io4j2w90

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Leonard Little was DRUNK and fucked up ... he didn't set out to kill someone

I ain't sticking up for Leonard so don't go down that path

Vick knew what he was doing and ordered dogs to be abused and killed ...

FUCK THIS ASSHOLE .... he is like Himmler ... he knew what he was doing and Vick should have been put away for life

Abusing animals is as low as it gets ... Vick is a FELON and and a POS

LOL..I can't recall exactly but it was political....probably during the Presidential Election process. We are on the same boat now...

Haha yeah.

Most Obama supporters thought I was anti-Obama. I know I got into it with Shrink and OSU a couple times. I was just using political models though.

Good to see other POS sticking up for this POS.

He killed and mutilated dogs for years and for profit. How someone can not see the sickness in that I dont know.

The "he did his time" theory falls way short here.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

He sold tickets. Not sure if he would have the same impact now.
They didn't get any lower than Mike Tyson but he could sell a ticket with the best of them. Controversy/super natural athleticism sells tickets. It's just the way it is.

Just go away. I wrecked you in the Elway thread and you have been trying to tag me back ever since.

You wrecked me in the Elway thread? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO You were comparing the AFL with the NFL and I got wrecked. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO It was all Elways fault the AFL folded and your AFL insider said so :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Keep them coming. Your awesome.

They didn't get any lower than Mike Tyson but he could sell a ticket with the best of them. Controversy/super natural athleticism sells tickets. It's just the way it is.

Ray maybe you have forgotten but Vick wasnt a great QB. Tyson at the time was considered great. Please dont pull a hines and compare 1 player on a football team to prize fighter. I mean how would Don King do as GM? If Vick does come back it wont be at the QB position.

Hines, I agree. I agree that they all did wrong, but, that instead of saying that because some are allowed back that Vick should be, too, I'd rather it be that all of them are kicked out.
Being from the Asheville area, the Leonard Little thing makes me particularly ill.

It is wrong and fucked up, but for God's sakes other athletes have done far worse and have served barely any jail time. What is worse killing dogs or killing a person? A woman with a family and than getting pulled over for another DUI five years later. Leonard Little has served 90 days in jail....90.

Marvin Harrison shot someone and is getting no jail time.

Willie Williams got arrested nine times before he was 18 and was still given a college scholarship.

Pacman Jones paralyzed someone for life.

Is killing dogs bad? Yes. Is it worse than any of the above things? I don't think so.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Ray maybe you have forgotten but Vick wasnt a great QB. Tyson at the time was considered great. Please dont pull a hines and compare 1 player on a football team to prize fighter. I mean how would Don King do as GM? If Vick does come back it wont be at the QB position.
So Minnesota wouldn't take a shot with M Vick as bad as their QB situation is. This is business, you do what you think it takes to make your team better. I'm not condoning in any way Vick's prior acts, I'm just saying that desperate teams will give him a shot.

Last edited:

So Minnesota wouldn't take a shot with M Vick as bad as their QB situation is. This is business, you do what you think it takes to make your team better. I'm not condoning in any ways Vick's prior acts, I'm just saying that desperate teams will give him a shot.

I'll be interested to see if you are right, Ray. Giving him a shot is a risk to selling tickets which to an NFL team is more imortant than the w/l record. I think it's 50/50 as to whether Vick helps or hinders ticket sales. He'll be picketed by some pretty powerful organizations.

You wrecked me in the Elway thread? :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO You were comparing the AFL with the NFL and I got wrecked. :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO It was all Elways fault the AFL folded and your AFL insider said so :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Keep them coming. Your awesome.

Yep, you know more than someone with actual ties to the AFL about why the AFL folded. Makes perfect sense.

Do you even hear yourself? In that thread you challenged me to post anything relevant about the AFL, when I posted what the dude that has actual AFL ties said you backtracked quicker than a tourist doing the Mexican Two-Step.

Do you really think you know more about why the AFL folded than someone with ties to the league? Than PR directors? If so....wow.

Hines, I agree. I agree that they all did wrong, but, that instead of saying that because some are allowed back that Vick should be, too, I'd rather it be that all of them are kicked out.
Being from the Asheville area, the Leonard Little thing makes me particularly ill.

It's a slippery slope and if they kicked them all out the NFL could face a class-action lawsuit. All we can hope for is consistency IMO. And killing a person is a lot worse than killing an animal

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I'll be interested to see if you are right, Ray. Giving him a shot is a risk to selling tickets which to an NFL team is more imortant than the w/l record. I think it's 50/50 as to whether Vick helps or hinders ticket sales. He'll be picketed by some pretty powerful organizations.
At first, but this country has always been about forgiving and forgetting. Let's keep in mind that Vick paid the price for his actions (especially in the pocket book), and after the initial reaction I think most people will move on provided he conducts himself as a law abiding American.

At first, but this country has always been about forgiving and forgetting. Let's keep in mind that Vick paid the price for his actions (especially in the pocket book), and after the initial reaction I think most people will move on provided he conducts himself as a law abiding American.

Like I said, it'll be interesting to see.

It's a slippery slope and if they kicked them all out the NFL could face a class-action lawsuit. All we can hope for is consistency IMO. And killing a person is a lot worse than killing an animal

The NFL has player conduct rules. since little kids look up to these players, those rules should include that no convicted felons be allowed to play in the league, imo.

Killing a person is worse than killing and animal, but neither should be allowed in a position to potentially be looked upon by a child as a "hero."

ballwonder

EOG Master

It is wrong and fucked up, but for God's sakes other athletes have done far worse and have served barely any jail time. What is worse killing dogs or killing a person? A woman with a family and than getting pulled over for another DUI five years later. Leonard Little has served 90 days in jail....90.

Marvin Harrison shot someone and is getting no jail time.

Willie Williams got arrested nine times before he was 18 and was still given a college scholarship.

Pacman Jones paralyzed someone for life.

Is killing dogs bad? Yes. Is it worse than any of the above things? I don't think so.

Funny you should mention that Hines, how this one slipped under the carpet is beyond me. Aside from today you dont even see this on ESPN.

The Philadelphia District Attorney said this morning that her office is unable to proceed with charges in an April shooting involving Indianapolis Colts receiver Marvin <NOBR style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 100%">Harrison</NOBR> because there is no credible account of the incident from witnesses.
?We have nine or so versions of what happened. ? Obviously, we haven?t heard the truth. We?ve heard pieces of the truth,? District Attorney Lynne Abraham said at a news conference.
Abraham said it?s possible her office could bring criminal charges in the future based on depositions given under oath in a civil lawsuit against Harrison.
?I have no idea how this is going to proceed or if it?s going to proceed,? Abraham said.

The shooting occurred April 29 in Harrison?s old North Philadelphia neighborhood. A 32-year-old man was shot in the hand, and a 2-year-old boy sustained a cut under his eye when a stray bullet hit a windshield.

Police confirmed that a gun owned by Harrison was used in the shooting.

?I?m comfortable saying that Mr. Harrison?s gun fired those bullets,? Abraham said. ?I?m not prepared to say who fired the gun. ? I?m pretty comfortable that I know who fired the gun, but I?m not going to say because I don?t have evidence.?

Harrison, 36, has not talked about the incident publicly. Colts owner Jim Irsay said soon after the incident that Harrison told coach Tony Dungy and team president Bill Polian that he was not involved. Harrison is the target of a civil suit in the incident.

Dwight Dixon, Philadelphia, who claims he was a victim in the shooting, is seeking more than $50,000 in compensatory damages and more than $50,000 in punitive damages. The suit claims Harrison ?intentionally and outrageously shot? Dixon, although another part of the document says Dixon could have been shot by someone else using Harrison?s gun.

Dixon says he suffered ?serious and permanent injuries to his arm, body, etc., and a severe shock to his nerves and nervous system.?

Harrison, his agent and the Colts were not immediately available for comment on today's developments.

Harrison has played with the Colts since being chosen in the first round of the 1996 draft. He has been invited to eight Pro Bowls, is second in NFL history with 1,102 receptions, and is regarded as a lock to be voted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

The 2008 season might have been his last in Indianapolis, however, because his production has been declining and he would count $13.4 million against the salary cap next year.

The NFL has player conduct rules. since little kids look up to these players, those rules should include that no convicted felons be allowed to play in the league, imo.

Killing a person is worse than killing and animal, but neither should be allowed in a position to potentially be looked upon by a child as a "hero."

Right but if they started banning felons from playing than those conduct rules would get called into question and they could face a humongous class-action lawsuit.

dville

EOG Enthusiast

Definently will get a shot. Theres hardly 15 capable QB's in the league. Vick brings excitement, ticket sales, and a chance to win.

If Pacman can come back, Vick will have no problem coming back.

The whole killing dogs thing is overblown. Other countries laugh at us for treating these sub human creatures above human beings. Dog fighting occurs around the world and is not seen as a big thing. Only in the US do people treat there dogs better then there fellow human.

While dogfighting isn't my thing, I could care less what somebody does off the field, outside of a severe crime, as long as my team is winning.

Definently will get a shot. Theres hardly 15 capable QB's in the league. Vick brings excitement, ticket sales, and a chance to win.

If Pacman can come back, Vick will have no problem coming back.

The whole killing dogs thing is overblown. Other countries laugh at us for treating these sub human creatures above human beings. Dog fighting occurs around the world and is not seen as a big thing. Only in the US do people treat there dogs better then there fellow human.

While dogfighting isn't my thing, I could care less what somebody does off the field, outside of a severe crime, as long as my team is winning.

Now we have this dipshit comparing 3rd world countries to ours. I dont know why I even try anymore.

Hey Diville in more than 80% of the countries in the world you can buy a child for under 5k. I dont know why they think its such a big deal here. 2938u4ji23

I have to say I feel he has paid for his crime and he should be allowed back in the NFL. I think he has the right to earn a living just like anyone else who serves their time and gets out of prison. Granted his ability to earn a living is way above others, but that should not matter.

If not in the NFL then the CFL, which I think is better suited to his style anyway.

dville

EOG Enthusiast

Hey Diville in more than 80% of the countries in the world you can buy a child for under 5k. I dont know why they think its such a big deal here. 2938u4ji23

Idiot.

America is the only country where killing an animal is viewed as more heinous as killing a fellow human.